Why consider ketamine therapy?
- Ketamine has a different, more powerful mechanism of action for the treatment of depression, anxiety, PTSD and other conditions. It has a higher efficacy rate
than SSRI's and other anti-depressant medicines, and actually supports improving synaptic connections and neural regeneration through various pathways. It's use for the treatment of depression has
accelerated dramatically as many have found SSRI, SNRI (Ie:Paxil, Prozac, Cymbalta, Effexor, Wellbutrin etc) to offer more side effect than benefits. I decided to bring this therapy in our
practice because I have witnessed the marginal benefits of antidepressants for my patients for over 27 years now.
- Ketamine enhances neural connections (synapses) by restoring long term potentiation (pre-synaptic mechanism) and enhanced plasticity of the synapse. For this
reason, studies are underway looking at its role in the treatment of early Alzheimers disease.
Ketamine offers an opportunity to do deeper inward healing-
- Similar to psychedelics such as psilocybin, ketamine offers a safe, legal, and more consistent opportunity to have a mystical experience. Going to this state helps
one go deeply inward often traveling to bliss states of "oneness", and providing an opportunity to let go of negative thoughts and memories. Insights flow in to help the individual see what
needs to change in their life to alleviate depression, anxiety or PTSD.
Faster response time-
- Typical response achieved in hours to a few days, compared to weeks with an anti-depressant. High efficacy and treating individual with suicidal
Other benefits of Ketamine-
- Enhances learning
- Enhances bonding
- Enhances BDNF/ Brain derived neurotropic factor ("miracle grow for the brain")
- Decreases DMN activity (Default mode network) Read Michael Pollan's book "How to change your mind" to learn more about the benefits of decreasing
- Enhances interpersonal openess
- Provides a robust opportunity for a REBOOT, something we all need in these challenging times.
Flexibility in route of administration-
- Intramuscular(IM) provides and opportunity for a deeper more mystical ketamine therapy experience, taking your "default mode network" off line and
freeing your thoughts from the filters of your frontal lobe. This is our preferred route offered at our center.
- Intravenous (IV) provides a similar experience and is used more for severe depression with suicidal thoughts.
- Oral lozenge/troches provides a lighter experience in which your therapist can listen to more freely share your thoughts and insights as you feel
into your mind/body balance.
- Nasal spray provides similar experience to oral, but irritates the nose a bit.
What makes our ketamine therapy different from other centers?
- Comprehensive brain health program including opportunity to evaluate nutritional, hormonal balance
- IV NAD+ , glutathione, FastVit Brain refuel therapy to enhance neurological health. Learn more
- Transcranial Near infrared light therapy to improve cerebral blood flow and neurogenesis.
- Sound therapy table to enhance the sound healing aspect of a ketamine journey. Sound bowl therapy also available during session as pictured below.
- Safe monitoring of blood pressure, pulse ox during session. AED in office.
- Reasonable pricing, convenient location near cherry creek mall.
Research articles discussing the actions and benefits of ketamine therapy-
Dr. Grover and his nurse Julie Rogers RN are both certified Ketamine assisted psychotherapy (KAP) providers by PRATI. Additional certified therapists work with our
team under the supervision and safe environment of Dr. G.
Interested in learning more about our ketamine program?
Please contact the office to learn more and set up an initial 30min intake in-office or via Zoom. The program includes a preparatory intake visit, treatment in office,
and integration of session with Dr. G or therapist within a week. Typically 6 sessions are recommended for depression and/or anxiety. Our prices are very reasonable, and we do offer a package
discount on 6 sessions.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-355-2385 for current pricing and to set up an in-person or zoom consult.
Julie Rogers RN performing sound healing with crystal bowl during Ketamine session.