Functional & Integrative Medicine
Functional Medicine is a patient-centered, science-based approach to medical care that seeks to find the root underlying cause of disease. Rather than treating the smoke (symptoms) by simply opening the window (standard medical intervention in America), we seek to find the source of the flames (underlying root cause) in order to put out the fire.
Examples of Functional Medicine services in our practice include:
- Microbiome testing and balancing of the gut)
- Nutritional testing and optimization
- Hormone Balancing
- Mind/Body therapies
- Treatment of long-Covid by addressing mitochondrial dysfunction
- Lifestyle and dietary counseling
Integrative Medicine is the blending of allopathic (modern medicine) with natural modalities to achieve optimal outcomes. For example, treating high cholesterol may involve natural supplements such as Red Yeast Rice, Omega-3, dietary changes and weight loss, but in some cases, we may have to blend in a low dose prescription medicine as well. Cutting edge imaging technology, such as the Cleerly heart scan may be recommended to determine if natural therapy is enough or if we need to up our game to reduce coronary plaque with medication or other interventions.
Other examples of Integrative Medicine in our practice include:
- Pulsed Electromagnetic Therapy
- Nutritional IV therapy
- Sound Therapy during Ketamine Journey
- Mind/body Medicine such as neurohormonal optimization and photic meditative light entrainment with the Pandora Star
- Recommendations for acupuncture, mindfulness-based retreats, & lifestyle medicine